Sunday, July 9, 2017

Sixth Week in the Lab (7/3/17 – 7/9/17)

     While I was waiting for the chemicals for the casein assay to arrive, I ran more gels, prepared buffer solutions with the chemicals we did have, and helped Morgan with her project. I weighed out samples while she was grinding, and together I think we blew through 20 samples. The new chemicals for my casein assay finally came in and I finished making the buffers for the procedure. The casein buffer was not my favorite, because I had to use the heating block in the other lab to heat it up and dissolve the casein. Also, with all these new solutions, we were running out of bottles to hold them in. I ended up using some Erlenmeyer flasks and stretched some parafilm over the top. Unfortunately when I ran the new assay, the data that I got out of it still made no sense. Perhaps I will have better luck next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Last Week in the Lab (7/31/17 – 8/7/17)

     This week I injected two eye of round roasts with water (the control) and mushroom solution to compare cook loss, pH, shear force, col...